7. Wear Shoes and Socks at All Times
- Do not walk barefoot-not even indoors-because it's easy to step on something and hurt your feet. A good pair of slippers around the house provides extra protection.
- Always wear socks, stockings, or nylons with your shoes to help avoid blisters and sores.
- Choose clean, lightly padded socks that fit well. Socks that have no seams are best.
- Check the insides of your shoes for objects and be sure the lining is smooth before you put them on you feet.
- Wear shoes that fit will and protect your feet.
8. Protect Your Feet from Hot and Cold
Wear shoes at the beach or on hot pavement and put sunscreen on the top of your feet to prevent sunburn. Keep your feet away from radiators and open fires and do not put hot water bottles or heating pads on your feet. Wear socks at night if your feet are cold. Be sure to wear shoes or boots in cold weather and check your feet often to avoid frostbite.